Newsletter Sign-Up

Meatless meal of the week:Mashed Korean/Japanese Sweet Potato

So this week crazy easy recipe happened to be  made on a Tuesday (meatless tuesdays anyone?) and if you know me , you know I am a fanatic korean/japanese sweet potato eater. ( hey starch I see you )





I have said goodbye to regular ones many moons ago ( like 13 years) and I love to eat them mashed. Nothing else special with them because they are so filling. I will put a list of optional things to add but all except the last one I will not try because I feel like it will ruin the taste. My cooking story for today is " I cook because I like to eat not because I like to cook." A friend said "put that on a shirt and I will buy it" lol


Without further ado here's the recipe:

Korean/Japanese Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Two potatoes ( above) yields two to four servings

Ingredients:

  • Sweet Korean/Japanese potatoes
  • 1 teaspoon of sugar
  • 6 tablespoons Salted organic butter
  • A few splashes of cream( optional see below)
Optional Ingredients :
  • Cream ( a splash or to your liking)
  • Grated Cheese ( someone suggested the more salter cheeses)
  • Milk (almond, soy) 
  • Pistachios 

Directions:

  1. Boil for about two hours, shorter depending on the size of the potato.
  2. Run under cold water when done.
  3. Peel, Mash add the butter and sugar add more or less depending on your taste.
  4. Add the optional ingredients.
  5. Enjoy
Note: I will try pistachios but everything else isn't needed personally. I mean if you have cream  add a little not too much.


Comments

Popular Posts