Newsletter Sign-Up

Meatless Day of the week recipe: Pickled Veggies (L.A. Jangajji with a east coast twist)

Here is the second recipe.





I love pickled veggies and I use Nigella's recipe and now I use Maangchis' Version. I did tweak it so its not exactly like theirs, but I love to give credit and take from all so that it fits my picky eating. I hope both Nigella and Maangchi loves it!!  I can't thank them enough!!! Let's get to it, shall we?



After Cutting
Ingredients minus liquid ones

Brine



*Pickled Veggies( L.A. Jangajji)

Ingredients

  • Jalapeno peppers
  • Red pepper/powder
  • Cucumbers
  • Onion ( half of a medium ) 

Brine
  • Cup of soy sauce
  • Cup of white vinegar
  • 2 cups of water
  • .5 cup of sugar

Directions ( for veggies)

  1. Cut into 1 inches ( mine is a bit bigger)
  2. Pack down into the jar
  3. Add brine
  4. When it cools sit it in refrigerator 

Brine Directions

  1. Add all to pot
  2. Boil for 5minutess ( sugart is disoloved) 
  3. Simmer for an extra two minutes 
  4. Add to jar
  5. Save leftovers for next time



* This should last for a few weeks*










 In another post sometime soon, I will make Nigella recipe with the brine from Maangchis, oh that will be wonderful. I am a picked eating individual. If you know me all you can do is shake your head and laugh.

Comments

Popular Posts