Newsletter Sign-Up

Gin Bottling #3 W/Green Hat Gin

I always have to tell you guys how much fun I had and I also will feature the drink that I picked at the end of the bottling on my long due series "Cocktail Queen" That will be 2020 post. Anyway, let's get on with the pictures.


 Left is the assembly line of jobs that we did for almost two hours! It went by very fast. On the right is another station. I was putting labels on the bottles with a lovely woman. I learned so much in just a few short minutes! I hope to see her in Japan one day!
 Me after some cups of Gin. I hate pictures when I don't know how to stand lol oh, and of course, behind me is the merely smooth Rye. If I'm not mistaking its not aged very long . I remember the last time I bottle they were making the rye. I was blown away when I tasted it. Very easy to drink. I think I will add this and, as always, my gin to my hot toddy. I will share a recipe I made below.

Background time. I remember the first bottling. I was there in 2013. Green Hat Gin is located in NE DC off NY Ave and on the other side of  NE & Fenwick ST. They now have a tasting bar and a local food truck that partners with them for eats. You can come and taste their Gins, Rye, and other great drinks. After the bottling, you can go on a tour if you would like. You are also able to make your own bottle and pay the resale price! It is exciting to do, and I love speaking to the owner. Very pleasant and informative. My favorite is always the Summer Gin. I always keep it and use it in my classic Gin & Tonic, but you can also use Green Hat Gin in hot toddies. Heres what I use below. Be sure to check them out and sign up for their mailing list to bottle!


Gin Hot Toddy ( Featuring Green Hat Gin
By: Jennifer Sawyer

Ingredients
  • Green Hat Gin ( 20z)
  • Simple Syrup ( to taste)
  • Hot ( or iced) Earl Grey Tea ( cup)
  • Lemon Juice  ( optional) 

Directions
  1. Prepare tea. If you are using Iced tea, make sure that you warm the simple syrup and gin for a little bit, add and stir until mixed fully.
  2. Add the Gin and simple syrup to taste, stir and enjoy 
  3. Add lemon juice if need be. 

Comments

Popular Posts